A Business Strategy Workshop is a process that identifies value improvement opportunities within a business or business division. A Business Strategy Workshop is essential input to the planning process and as such should be conducted at the same frequency. Other events such as problems, market or acquisition opportunities, ownership or senior management changes can also trigger a Business Strategy Workshop.
A Business Strategy Workshop should be conducted in an objective manner. It should be purely fact-driven, focussing on important business fundamentals without being distracted by day-to-day operational issues. It is for these reasons, that most businesses use external facilitators who can keep focus on strategic issues.
The Business Strategy Workshop is conducted for individual businesses.
The benefits of a Strategic Workshop
When completed, the workshop should reveal a set of clear strategic recommendations for improving performance and growth, serving to effectively inform the planning process to ensure future outcomes.
The strategic workshop will deliver benefits in one or all of the following areas:
How does it work?
Before the workshop, there are two activities that need to be undertaken:
- A detailed strategic inventory is taken by the business’s owners and/or management. This will identify obvious issues, deficiencies or dysfunctions ahead of time.
- Define the workshop outcomes. This is done through online teleconference.
The workshop itself will take the participants through a range of exercises aimed at delivering the workshop outcomes as defined.
Typically, the workshop will address issues such as:
What you can expect to get from running a Business Strategy Workshop for your business?
- Clarity on the key drivers of your business success
- Fresh thinking on the best way to maximise your outcomes within a 3-5 year period
- Strategic positioning for sustainable, ongoing competitive advantage
- Critical attention areas and applicable initiatives required
In addition, the strategic workshop will
- align business stakeholders and management, helping to develop a high performance culture
- improved clarity in relation to the future development of the business
- identify many tactical opportunities and initiatives for immediate attention and action
What to do next?
Get in touch and we will quickly establish whether a Business Strategic Workshop is right and timely for your business.